War Reenactors Association
Our Annual Events for Civil War reenactors, Mexican War Reenactors, War of 1812 Reenactors, Revolutionary War Reenactors, Pontiacs War Reenactors, French and Indian War Reenactors.
Events of the War Reenactors Association, located in Bedford County, Bedford,Pa. phone 814-623-4024
War Reenactors Association
Yearly callander of Events
We are a living History Group with Headquarters in Bedford,Pa. and all war groups are welcome.
Our reenactors location in Bedford,Pa., is in a Village of 40 Log structures and the homes are available for event weekend lodging, for a small donation. Groups also rent the Village from time to time during the winter and non event weekends.
Bedford Village is open to the public for events throughout most of the year and reenactors stay in the log homes and greet the visitors as they stroll through the town for day events, and evening candlelight events. The village is said to be haunted!
- February ( 4th weekend ) Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa. hosts a 1940's World War 2 evening. Dance to a live 1940s band. 1940's dress optional 6-10pm website:
- March ( 4th weekend )
Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa. Muzzle loading gun show. meet with gun makers,
powderhorn and accoutrament craftsmen.Buy,sell,trade. website: Bedford,Pa. Event
- April ( 3rd weekend ) Living History, Gettysburg Wax Museum, Gettysburg, PA
( Civil War Heritage Foundation ). History meets the arts weekend in Gettysburg. Most wars art is on display throughout the town and the artist's are present and is free. small annual fee to join the civil war group. website: Civil war group
- April ( fourth weekend ) Fort Fredrick Reenactors Market Fair and Rifle Frolic
The Patuxents and the Friends of Fort Frederick present the annual Market Fair. Witness the best 18th century artisans, craftsmen and sutlers amidst an historical encampment. website: Fort Fredrick Event
- May ( 2rd weekend ) Civil War Living History, Gettysburg Wax Museum Gettysburg,Pa. James "Ron Hawkins" Longstreet's Staff Civil War Living History Group encampment. website:
May ( 3rd weekend )
Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa. "America in 1776" Revolutionary war re-enactment between Washingtons army and the Redcoats. website: Bedford Village 1776
May ( Memorial Day Weekend )
Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa. Colonial Market fair. and period dress reenactors weekend.
- Entire 1st week and weekend of June !
Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa. . Living History of the 1st capitol of Pennsylvania. "Belleville,Pa." Civillian re-enactors from all over the country and Canada re-create civillian life of Pennsylvania in 1764. Period reenactors welcome. Living history village website: Bedford Village
- June ( 2nd weekend ) Civil War Living History, Felton, Pa. ( Civil War Heritage Foundation ) website: Civil War Heritage Foundation
- June ( 3rd weekend ) Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa.
Civil war re-enactment. Parade through Bedford on
Saturday. battles at Bedford Village Both days 9-5pm. Take an unusual civil war glimpse into history when you visit a COMPLETE Civil War era town and village museum that has been taken over by Union and Rebel Troops in battle. Hundreds of authentically dressed civilian and civil war re-enactors recreate a slice of 1860s life.
Books and other merchandise of special interest to Civil War buffs are available at The Museum Stores and the civil war sutlers. Civil War Bedford,Pa.
- June ( 4th weekend ) Shippensburg,Pa. Civil war living History. Reenactors and historians recreate the confederate invasion of Pennsylvania towards Carsile,pa. with the Pennsylvania militia vs Lee's army.
Shippensburg Civil War Living History
- July ( 1st weekend ) Civil War Living History, Wax Museum, Gettysburg, Pa.
Civil War Encampment. Group: "Civil War Heritage Foundation" Period historions will discuss the battle of Gettysburg. Civil war Reenactors welcome, small annual fee to join. Period campsite available, contact: Civil war group
- JULY (3rd weekend, Saturday )Pontiac's War, James Smith and the
Black Boys Reenacment
12 NOON. James Smith and his Black Boys will be taking over Ft. Bedford. This is the 1st.event in the country highlighting the very reason, for the American Revolution.
( phone 814-623-4024 for info. ) 1700s dress. Fort Bedford Website: Fort Bedford
August ( 2nd weekend ) Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa.
"Camp at Raestown 1758" French Indian war re-enactment. Tacticals,marching, camp life. Website: Bedford Village Living History
- August ( 3rd weekend ) All wars welcome, "History Through The Centuries"
Living Historians will talk about the different wars from the French and Indian War to W.W.2 (all reenactors welcome and campsite provided ), site: Fort Bedford,Bedford,Pa. phone 814-623-4024 for information. website: Fort Bedford Living History
- August ( Labor Day Weekend ) Civil War Living History, Gettysburg, Pa.
August September ( Labor day weekend )
Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa.
"The march to London: A 1745 Jacobite event"
Scottish Forces led by Bonnie Prince Charlie battle against the English army in a re-creation of 18th century British highland life. website: Bedford Village, Bedford,PA.
- September ( 2nd weekend ) Sharpsburg Heritage Days and the Battle of Antietam. Civil War Heritage Foundation and several wars are represented in town for the wekend.
- October (3rd weekend ) Living History and reenactment Old Bedford Village,Bedford,PA.
"George Washington & the Whiskey Rebellion"
re-enactment of events leading up to the Whiskey
rebellion in Bedford of 1794.
- October ( fourth weekend ) Civil War Living History at the Civil War Wax Museum, Gettysburg, Pa. General James Longstreet's Confederate Staff encampment.
- November ( 3rd weekend ) Civil War Remembrance Day at Gettysburg, Pa. Thousands of civil war reenactors and a parade through town. Living History reenactors encampment at the wax museum by the Civil war Heritage Foundation. New Members welcome, small annual fee. website: Civil war group website
December ( 1st weekend )
Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa. "Celebrate a Christmas of long ago" in the
candlelit log home village. Candlelit streets, Carols, entertainment, food.
Reenactors from most wars camp and live in the log homes. Visitors go from home to home for christmas.
December ( 2nd weekend ) Bedford Village, Bedford,Pa.
"An 18th century Christmas." A Christmas
celebration in the candle lit village. Carols,
entertainment and food. Visit reenactors throughout the village as they encamp and take the village for the weekend. Civil war band at the Village log church.
December ( 3rd weekend )
Bedford Village."A Pennsylvania Christmas". Home for the
holidays for the residents of Pennsylvania and their
friends and relatives. Carols, entertainment and food.